Final Class at Animation Mentor...This is coming to an end! yikes!
This term I have James Chiang, who has been working on  Lucas Arts, Blue Sky Studios, and Song Pictures Imageworks..
amazing companies!!!
Awesome mentor! gonna learn a lot !!





As this term is about polishing, will publish my very last demo , to avoid repeating shots every week!!!
Soooo, see ya in few weeks!!!














Well, my last shot at animation mentor! 
Next term would be polishing & mportfolio, so this is the last time I´ve done a  new shot from scratch! 
Wanna thank the massive help from all my peers, classmate and of course for the awesome help of Francesco Siddi , Anders Ancker and Pedro Fernando Gómez Fernández.



I put you my last shot with the planning and character set up. Got reference from Casablanca and Naked Gun. 









Here is the video. Still needs lots of work, but that would be next term!
Enjoy as much as I did!



 I´ve just came back from FMX (Stuttgart, Germany). It was an incredible week full of animation and VFX talks.

I had the opportunity to meet most of the greatest companies ever, such as  Disney, ILM, Pixar, Dreamworks, Framestore, Double Negative, The Mill...just to name few!

I also could assist to Ed Hooks Masterclass "Acting for Animators", which helped me to understand more the importance of great acting and staging to make the animation more appealing!
amazing week!! 

And, of course, finally could met some of Animation Mentor Students which was so awesome, really had a blast there!!

Sooooo.... looking forward for FMX 2012!!!




Well, welcome back to Class 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This term I have Jay Davis , which has worked on awesome companies! He has been in some many, that is better that you see it on Linked in, but just to name some: ILM, Disney, Double Negative...incredible companies!! This term is gonna be great!!!                                                                                                







During this weeks had to do my first assignment with Bishop...Awesome character! had to decide a line that convinced me.In this case  was from the film As good as it gets.
As I don´t like to put just the blocking, I will leave you with the reel from class 4. Enjoy!!






I´ve just started Winter Term with Michelle Meeker. She´s been in awesome  companies such as Pixar,Dreamworks, Weta Digital... soooo RESPECT!

For these weeks, I have to choose a 250 frames Pantomime.
I had 2 diferent ideas; 
Here you have the planning of both, but finally I´ve chosen the magician bit.
Here you see the planning and Character Set Up:






















Just finished Class 3, with Jalil Sadool from Weta Digital.
Amazing class, learned loads!
Have to thank all my classmates for helping me on
feedbacks, and specially Erik Lee and Stefan Reimer for Set-up help on my Anim Jam.
Of Course, also extraordinary feedback from Katrin Albrecht, Emma Ewing and Silvia Bartoli.
You´re the best!
Now, Christmas Break!
Have awesome holidays, and see you back on January!!









This last weeks, I´ve decided to make Anim Excercise, so I made a jump.
Here you see the planning and then , the final animation.


















Started fall term with Jalil Sadool, from Weta Digital!

I´ve chosen for my class 3, Anim Jam, which is picking one theme for the entire term. I can make 3 related shots that can tie together in some way, so can form a story.


For my first assignment I´ve chosen a guy who is scared to jump from a plane.


Here is the planning of the shot:















For the aesthetic of the shot, I´ve looked different possibilities;

I also modelled a really simple plane that appeared on Tintin Comics" The Crab with the Golden Claws".





Well, my last week of Class 2!
Have to thank my Mentor 
Leigh Rens and all my classmates,always help a lot with their comments!





This is my third and last excercise for Class 2. 
I chose flamenco dance for this one.
Finally I´ve got Stewie to make the animations:
I´ll have him till the end of Class 3. 
 
I´ve chose a dance to play around with the timing and spacing. As reference I chose one of my favourite flamenco dancers Joaquin Cortés. Because of him, I´ll call Stewie for this assignment Juaco.


Here is the rough planning for this excercise:












 

This is my second assignment. I had to choose from another List a theme to animate.
This time I use Stewie with no arms.Here is the character:

I´ve chosen Parkour so I can play with something more dynamic.  I´ve got amazing references from films such as Karate Kid, House of Flying Daggers, and some Parkour links from youtube.

Here is my planning for this excercise:  
 







 

Here you can see the overall keys of this excercise:
 









I´ve started Class 2!!
My mentor is Leigh Rens (Disney), so I bet this term is going to be awesome!

During 4 weeks I had to pick an idea from a list,and animate Ballie with it.
I´ve chosen Hopscotch.
The amazing background has been provided by Silvia Bartoli. Thanks again Silvia!!!







Well, my last week of first term! 
I have to thank my mentor Eric Lessard, and all my classmates who always give amazing feedbacks!
Here I load my Class One Reel!









 On this week, I put my final personality walk, on red high-heels!
I also had to do my last stu pose, which was Balance. 






This week we have to plan and block a personality walk. The one that I´ve chosen its a high heel one.
You´ll see the final result next week, hope you like it!









This week we had to polish our Vanilla Walk.
We also had to Position Stu on a Concerned Pose! 
What makes you more concerned than losing money?






















Hi there!! 
Thanks a lot to Katrin Albrecht for helping me with the Vanilla Walk Planning! 
Look her amazing animations here: http://www.katrinalbrecht.blogspot.com/

 










This week we animate Tailor!Our first character animation of the course! 
Have to thanks specially Silvia Bartoli , for lending me part of the background! thanks!!You can look her awesome work here:  http://www.sazacat.net/









Half of the term already!
We´ve just start overlapping this week with a Pendullum!










 
Thanks a lot to Emma Ewing for giving me an amazing feedback during all of these weeks!!! You can see some of her incredible animations here  :   http://vimeo.com/user1901611




























AM Week 3 Bouncing Ball from ISABEL CARRAL on Vimeo.


 

 


Here are the discarded ones

-->
I’ve just started Animation Mentor!


On my second week, I had to do some quick sketches of posture, attitude, weight, balance, etc. Then, I had to circle my favourite pose and recreate it by using STU (the character that AM provides you).

Here is the pose I’ve chosen.


-->
These are the discarded ones.